Gluten Free Bar-B-Q Ribs!
Do you want to make a big impression on people? Then, you should make a mess of Bar-B-Q Ribs. They are so much easier then I ever thought. I also get slabs of ribs 3 for 1 at one of our local grocers every couple of months. You can also usually find them in the bulk stores for fairly good deals.
- You are going to want about one pound of ribs per person you are planing in feeding.
- I start by marinating. You want to have a container, plastic bag, or pan that the ribs fit in. If you want to cut them into smaller pieces use a serrated blade.
- For marinade you can use Mojo, Italian Dressing, Pickle Juice, or make it up.
- Here I sprinkled some brown sugar and whole mustard seeds on the meat. Then I poured a can of tomato sauce over top of it. I finished it off by pouring a cup of apple cider vinegar over it all. Cover and place in the fridge.
- You want to marinade a least an hour, but 12-24 hours is better.
- After marinating place your ribs on cookie sheets.
- Place them in the oven for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours at 250 degrees. This slow cooks the meat so it will be nice and tender.
- Now they are ready to be smothered with sauce. You can buy some, but please read your labels. You can also make a simple mixture with just a few ingredients.
- Mix together one cup of brown sugar with one cup ketchup. Heat in a microwave or on the stove. You want to melt the sugar into the ketchup. Now you can add other flavors if you like. Liquid Smoke is nice. You just have to be careful, a little goes a long way. If you like a bit of a bite try adding crushed read peppers, tabasco sauce, chili powder or horseradish. When you have found a flavor you like it is ready.
- Brush your ribs with sauce.
- Place ribs sauce side down on a lit charcoal grill. (you want your coals to be white)
- Brush the exposed sides of ribs with sauce
- Flip ribs with tongs
- Brush ribs again
- Repeat until the ribs are coated at least 2 times
- Grill until your sauce is darkened.
- Be careful not to burn the ribs or your self
- Remove from grill and let stand for 3-5 minutes
Live Laugh and Enjoy!
originaly published 2010-02-27 00:01:48