Gluten Free Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
- 2 1/2 cups Tapioca Flour
- 4 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- 2 teaspoons Minced Dried Onions
- 2 teaspoons Dry Dill
- Mix Shredded Cheese and melted Butter on Low Setting
- Add Eggs continue mixing until just incorporated
- Mix Dry Ingredients in a Bowl
- Slowly Add Dy Mixture to Wet
- Mix until completely incorporated
- scoop a couple of teaspoons of mixture
- roll into a ball
- flatten in the palm of your hand with your thumb. I make them about the size of my palm.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake @450 for 8 minutes
These puff very slightly; so you can put them fairly close together.
You can also roll the balls and pinch slightly so they are about a half inch thick. Those will turn out like dinner rolls.
Pão de Queijo served with Gluten Free Cheeseburger Macaroni