Gluten Free Popover Pizza
Popover Pizza is a casserole. It is called Popover because when you make it you make it upside down. When you serve it you cut a piece and flip it over on to the plate so your crust is on the bottom and your meat is on the top.
Kids always seem to love this one. Adults seem to like it too they are are just not, usually, as boisterous about it.
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Oregano
- dash of Salt
- 2 cups Spaghetti Sauce (or pizza sauce)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- Brown your Ground Beef
- Add Onions, Peppers, and Garlic. Cook until onions are clear.
- Add the rest of your ingredients
- simmer for 3-6 minutes you want your sauce to be thick.
- Line the bottom of a cake pan with your beef mixture.
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Flour (I like using Bob's Red Mill Bread Mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Top Your Meat with Batter
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees
I usually put cheese on top of the meat mixture and then again on the top of the batter. Sometimes I add diced pepperoni, black olives and dice ham. You can add anything you would put on a pizza. Let your imagination go wild.
Live Laugh and Enjoy!
Originally posted on 2010-02-10