Gluten Free Strawberry Cheese Cake Ice Cream
- 8 ounces strawberries, washed, hulled, and cut into large dice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Mix strawberries and 1/3 cup of sugar. Set aside so it can cold cook.
- Place a tablespoon of lemon juice, the remaining 2/3 cup of sugar, the milk, and the cream cheese in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Immediately freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. Keep the ice cream in the bowl of the ice cream maker.
- Add strawberries 5 minutes before the cycle is done.
If you serve imediately it will be much like soft serve ice cream. You can also place in a container and continue the freezing process. It is best to remove frome freezer about 15 minutes before serveing.
I am still working on a subsitute for the graham crust. I will post as soon as I figure something out.
We had speghetti with meat sauce for dinner tonight and then ended it with some ice cream.
Live Laugh and Enjoy!